Sr PR Manager, Amazon AI
- Arlington, VA
Amazon is seeking a creative, self-motivated, high-judgment and well-connected PR professional to drive communications for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning programs across the company. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of AI/ML topics and trends, possesses extensive media relations experience, excellent writing skills, and be adept at translating complex technology concepts into broadly digestible stories. You will also be proactive in the extreme, collaborate well across teams, and exercise consistently high-judgment while moving quickly.
This role will partner with PR colleagues in Amazon Devices, Alexa, Shopping, Robotics and AWS to develop and execute innovative communications strategies that drive awareness of Amazon's cross-company AI programs. The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into technology, and is motivated by a dynamic, highly creative culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is both welcome and encouraged. In this role, the candidate will have an opportunity to innovate through new and interesting communications and influencer relations strategies, and support key Amazon events including re:MARS.
There are hundreds of journalists worldwide who are trying to understand and help their readers understand the new paradigm of Artificial Intelligence. To help achieve this, you will:
• Define, develop and oversee a PR strategy supporting Amazon's reputation as a leader in AI
• Collaborate with colleagues to generate, and support the execution of, storytelling opportunities across Amazon businesses
• Build/manage relations with strategically important media outlets and industry analysts
• Build and manage a cross-company AI Influencer strategy
• Support AI focused media strategy at re:MARS, and industry events
Location can be NYC, Sunnyvale, DC
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree
• 10+ years of public relations experience
• Technology PR experience
• Extensive experience pitching proactive stories to technology and business publications
• Current experience managing media relationships and a network of media contacts
• Understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
Back to top