Sr. PR Manager, Alexa Trust
- Arlington, VA
Amazon is looking for a Senior PR Manager to join our Devices and Services PR team, focusing on building and protecting customer trust. The team is seeking a high-judgement, well-connected, and seasoned public relations professional to own business critical communications functions for a diverse and challenging range of customer trust topics including but not limited to privacy, security, and artificial intelligence.
The right candidate works effectively in a matrixed global organization, quickly builds effective working relationships, possesses extensive media relations skills, has a proven background with business critical issues management, and can exercise strategic instincts while acting with bias for action. As part of the role, you will work with key business leaders and marketing teams to develop and execute proactive communications strategies and cross-channel programs to build customer trust, as well as manage complicated reactive issues and news cycles. You should enjoy thinking creatively about how to communicate about these complex topics in a simple way that resonates with customers.
If you find that you are right a lot, thrive in busy environments, are a self-starter, and enjoy diving into technology-related issues, this role might be a great fit.
This position can be based in either Seattle, WA or Washington, D.C.
- Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of business critical communications programs
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute cross-channel communications campaigns
- Regularly interact with senior leadership to influence strategy and mitigate risk around sensitive launches and product offerings.
- Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected reputation issues with high judgment and professionalism.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers and influencers in technology trade and business press
- Bachelor's degree.
- 12+ years of public relations experience, with relevant experience in business critical communications and issues management
- Technology PR experience required
- Proven track record delivering reputation building communications campaigns
- Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of technology and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Subject matter expertise in data privacy and security
- Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully to urgent PR matters.
- A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
Back to top