Sr. Power Electronics Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? Are you curious about the systems used to run the largest cloud computing infrastructures in the world? Do you thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment? If you answered YES to these questions, then our team is looking for you! The AWS Hardware team drives system innovation in the servers used by all of Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3 and CloudFront. Our engineers solve the hardest problems that fuse software, hardware, and the cloud. We take big bets on new concepts, enabling AWS services to continue to revolutionize the industry.
What you will do: As a member of the Hardware Engineering team you will own server power. You will have demonstrated results in the power delivery for entire servers. You will have a deep understanding of voltage regulators (VRs) and server level power distribution. You will interact with an interdisciplinary team of engineers to design, develop, validate, and launch at large scale power components used in our servers. You'll provide leadership for how power is delivered in our servers in a continuous effort to deliver and improve a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position. You will work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with. You will be constantly looking for ways to improve performance, quality, and cost. At AWS we are changing an industry and want individuals who are ready for a challenge to reach beyond what is possible today.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS creates a unique opportunity for differentiated hardware that will directly benefit customers.
Why you will love it: You will build next-generation hardware that powers the cloud. You will deliver improvements for our customers and have a direct impact on our bottom line. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in server power system design
• 7+ years of experience with analog power electronics, power supply circuitry, and circuit protection
• 7+ years of experience in developing power component functional specifications, design verification plans, root cause analysis, and resolution
• Master's degree in Power Electronics Engineering or related field
• 10+ years of experience in server power for cloud, enterprise, or other large-scale applications
• Strong expertise in DC-DC switch mode power supplies, circuit protection, and multi-phase CPU/memory VRs on motherboards
• Experience with I2C, PMBUS, SVID, sensors, and monitoring
• Experience guiding and reviewing PCB designs with Allegro, CAM350, or equivalent.
• Experience developing detailed specifications, selection criteria, test plans, analyzing component reliability and creating design flows
• Strong organizational, planning, writing, and communications skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with interdisciplinary teams to execute product design from concept to production
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top