Sr. PM-Tech, Social Shopping Tech
Amazon needs a Senior Product Manager to help evolve Amazon's famous Customer Reviews – one of the world's largest community driven products. This product is a tremendously visible aspect of Amazon's brand and a competitive advantage. We are growing rapidly in order to build transformational new features, enterprise scale web services and new mobile/tablet experiences. Amazon Customer Reviews have inspired many imitators, but we are relentlessly maintaining our lead in innovation.
In this role you will be responsible for conceiving, scoping and delivering your program from end-to-end. Responsibilities include customer-focused design thinking, synthesizing business requirements, writing user stories, driving project milestones, and working with engineers and designers through the entire process to and beyond release.
You will lead and coordinate efforts between cross functional teams to develop best in class products and optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize customer experience and time-to-market, while clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal stakeholders.
The right candidate will bring depth in customer experience, business modeling and product management combined with solid understanding of current web technologies. You must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, great judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Create, build, and implement groundbreaking new customer experience-related features and functions that will impact millions of Amazon customers
- · Lead product development in an agile environment
- · Lead and coordinate efforts cross-functionally with business teams, software development engineers, operations, other product managers, UX designers, and external partners to guarantee smooth and efficient product delivery
- · Identify and mitigate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building the best customer experience
- · Manage the product roadmap from inception through implementation
- 5-7 years product management experience
- Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent Bachelor's Degree
- · Superlative written and verbal communication skills
- MBA preferred, but not required
- · Additional experience in digital marketing, incentive systems or a related field is a plus
- · E-commerce product development experience a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top