Sr. Platform Security Engineer (Remote)
- Austin, TX
How often have you had the opportunity to be a member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge everyday problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how we are using the internet of things (IoT) to transform and disrupt an entire industry? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on the Key for Business team tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation. Key for Business, our patented building access technology, supports Amazon Last Mile in the US, with international expansion plans.
Our team is actively seeking a motivated and multi-talented engineer who is passionate about technological and business innovation. You will be part of an inter-disciplinary team of hardware, firmware, software, and system engineers to develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies from IoT, wireless, and cloud computing into pragmatic solutions for package transportation, logistics, and delivery. Your software will guide drivers to deliver packages at the right place, right time, to the right person. Above all, your software will be deployed in scale to help Amazon delivery exceed customer expectation worldwide.
Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality. You will be acting as a Security engineer and should be able to take the responsibility of a security certifier of our hardware and softwares we design and build. You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
You will be:
• Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of systems that enable innovative package delivery experience
• Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
. Responsible for identifying security issues in hardware and low-level software.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 2+ of years of experience in Device Security Engineering, supporting engineering projects from concepts to delivery.
• 5+ years of development experience in C or C++.
• 3+ years of experience in Linux system development and embedded programming.
• MS in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded systems.
• Extensive experience in two or more of the following technical categories:
• - Hardware security (PCB, JTAG, UART, SPI, ROM, microcode, custom ASIC/FPGA)
• - x86 and/or ARM chipset and firmware security (TPM, UEFI, TrustZone, Secure Boot, JTAG, PCIe)
• Security assessment (e.g. penetration testing, incident response, forensics, network traffic analysis)
• - performing security reviews and implementing defensive technical security controls
• - virtualization security, side-channel attack vectors, and potential mitigation
• An understanding of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS).
• Understanding of service-oriented architecture and web services security.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with other security engineers and developers to deliver complex projects
• Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code for security best practices and compliance with industry standards
• Strong and creative problem-solving abilities
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Distributed systems experience
• Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
• Experience with large scale systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top