Sr. Pharmacy Integration Engineer
- Paris, France
At Amazon Pharmacy our customers come first. Amazon Pharmacy is seeking an industry proven and detail-oriented Sr. Pharmacy Integration Engineer to support the launch of highly automated pharmacy fulfillment centers, utilizing automated dispensing, quality control, and material handling systems. You will manage and coordinate between internal cross-functional teams and external vendors to successfully launch and scale our pharmacy fulfillment network. This job requires a unique combination of engineering know-how, problem-solving, curiosity, innovation, leadership, and effective communication. Successful candidates are natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in the integrated automation project life cycle, including development, design, implementation, enhancement, and support. Our Pharmacy Integration Engineers must be agile with the ability to quickly adapt strategies, plans, and solutions in response to dynamic business requirements. They also must be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Manage the implementation of integrated automation projects with system elements such as automated dispensing, high speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines and/or robotic work cells.
• Lead equipment technology development to move projects through detailed design, testing, and on-site implementation.
• Lead technical design reviews and propose design solutions for pharmacy fulfillment systems that meet both business needs and leverage global design standardization.
• Conduct multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables.
• Deep dive on technical details and lead problem resolution on a need basis.
• Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
• Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
• Work in close collaboration with the Pharmacy Fulfillment Engineering team, Worldwide Engineering, Real Estate, IT, Pharmacy Fulfillment Tech and Operations teams to develop world class pharmacy fulfillment centers
• Lead Value Engineering work to minimize CAPEX spending.
• Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors or subcontractors.
• Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage.
• Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
Seattle, WA or Boston, MA locations considered for the right candidate. Individuals can expect 25-50% travel (variable throughout the year) based on business needs at the time.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or a related field.
• 5+ years of experience as a project engineer, project manager, operations engineer, manufacturing engineer, or related occupation.
• Demonstrated technical leadership in project management, sourcing, and implementation of large-scale integrated automation solutions, such as pharmacy automation systems, complex material handling systems, high speed packaging lines, and/or manufacturing lines.
• Proven comprehension of electro-mechanical designs and integrated systems, ideally with pharmacy automation and MHE experience.
• Ability to travel up to 75% of time to installation sites throughout North America.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to influence, negotiate, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization
• Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Excellent working knowledge using MS Project, MS Excel, AutoCAD, and related software
• Basic understanding of pharmacy regulatory requirements
Back to top