Sr. Partner Solutions Architect, Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- New York, NY
This position can be based anywhere in the US where AWS has a significant presence. Seattle, New York City, San Francisco, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, Herndon, Irvine, and Atlanta are preferred.
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Would you like to own driving the Global Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and Retail Industry Partner solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS) working with our Global Independent Software Vendor (ISV) and Global Consulting solution providers? Are you passionate about applying the next generation of cloud-based compute and storage services within the CPG and Retail industry (including Beauty, Health Care, Home Care, Food & Beverages, Footwear and Apparel). Come join us!
As a technical leader for CPG & Retail, you will collaborate with some of the largest ISVs and consulting companies in the world to ensure they build scalable, secure, and high-performance solutions on AWS. The ideal candidate will possess the technical acumen, executive experience and communication skills that enables them to engage at all levels of an organization; as well the ability to dive deep and build cloud-optimized architectures.
You will be as comfortable white-boarding complex software architectures with a room full of engineers as are briefing an executive audience. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS partners, from well-established tech & consulting giants to innovative startups that were born in the cloud. You will author whitepapers and reference architectures that will be leveraged by the global Solution Architect (SA) community within AWS. You will deliver technical webinars, speak at public events and file patents for what could potentially be a future AWS product or feature.
Candidates should demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, financial implications, and are deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, new native digital environments, and with CPG/Retail Industry workloads (including Digital Marketing, eCommerce, Supply Chain and 3PL Systems) Experience working directly with enterprise customers is required, and prior experience working with technology companies is a plus. Previous AWS experience is preferred but not required. Strong public speaking and writing skills are required.
• Enterprise customer-facing experience
• 10+ years of highly technical and analytical IT experience
• 3+ years experience in the CPG/Retail industry
• Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is required, including: global infrastructure, tiered application architectures, desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, software license management, etc. with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs
• Technical knowledge of common enterprise application and commercial software used across the CPG/Retail industry, including 3PL, Inventory Management, Connected assets and Warehousing Systems, Sales & Distribution systems.
• Understanding of Enterprise systems, high scale data movement, storage and analytics techniques, digital customer experiences.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SIs and ISVs.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics is preferred.
• Experience with AWS services highly desirable
• Technical degree highly desired; or equivalent background, with AWS Certification preferred.
• International CPG/Retail industry experience and knowledge.
• Strong understanding of advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning models, deep learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision and the application of these analytic approaches to CPG/Retail workloads.
• Enterprise solutions selling experience is desired.
• Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top