Sr. Partner Marketing Manager
Are you looking for a role that challenges both your creative skills as well as your analytical abilities? If so, look no further! Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Field Partner Marketing Manager in to develop and build awareness, create demand and drive revenue for strategic partners in North America.
In the Sr. Partner Marketing Manager, North America role, you will develop and deliver partner marketing programs that enable partners to acquire new customers, retain and grow existing customers and deliver growth in revenue from AWS services. You will develop a deep understanding of the AWS partner ecosystem and North America field priorities to define and execute a partner marketing plan to support the growth objectives of an assigned area (Central – Chicago based) within the North American region. You will act as the primary marketing contact for the North America area partner sales team, including regular participation in team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions. You will also act as the primary marketing contact and consultant for strategic partners to build and execute joint marketing plans and programs.
You will constantly monitor and support partner utilization of MDF and enable appropriate spend of MDF on marketing initiatives including being an expert resource on process, guidelines and options for partners. You will leverage global programs, define and execute regional programs, and constantly seek to improve upon communications to partners so that partners are aware of the full scope of marketing resources and support that AWS has to offer.
This role requires strong collaboration and relationship-building skills as you will be required to partner with Field Marketing, Product Marketing, Global Partner Marketing and the Partner (sales) organization to define and execute Partner Marketing programs in North America. You will be the voice of the North America field and partner needs into various internal stakeholders and to share best practices across regions. In addition, you may also be required to manage outside vendors to execute programs and achieve goals.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an incredibly fast growing business. The ideal candidate will have creative marketing ideas to combine with extensive analytic and data-driven customer demand generation experience. Ability to effectively communicate with some of the most agile technology companies in the industry, including both technical and non-technical audiences is critical. You should be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities. You will work closely with the partners and the partner sales team to identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to market to with a joint value proposition for using AWS. A solid understanding of cloud architecture and the cloud landscape are critical to this role.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in partner marketing, demand generation in high-technology companies, ideally in enterprise software space
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
- Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing with and through the partner ecosystem
- Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services required; enterprise software experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and social media
- Strong experience in managing multiple partners of varied sizes to build marketing programs appropriate for their goals
- Demonstrated experience in working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue
- Excel at cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and have a bias for action
- Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Willing to travel to meet with sales leaders, partners, attend events and support the sales team
- Familiarity with SFDC and Marketo preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top