Sr. Partner Development Manager - Business Applications
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to develop relationships and manage the success of our Independent Software Vendors (ISV) within the Business Applications segment. As a Partner Development Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform across AWS's most strategic business partners.
Responsibilities will include managing strategic relationships with our largest Business Applications ISVs and driving C-level, Product Team, Marketing, Field and Channel relationships. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and driving partner plans with each assigned partner, you will be responsible for increasing top line revenue growth and overall market adoption of these ISV solutions running on AWS. The ideal candidate will possess both a partner background that enables them to drive successful partnerships, engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and AWS sales/field reps. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with deep knowledge of the Business Applications Solution Provider landscape.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with a select group of new and existing partners to define and execute joint sales and Go to Market (GTM) programs.
- Serve as a key member of the Partner and Business Development teams in helping to define the overall Business Applications partner strategy.
- Engage assigned partners field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Create a strategic partner development plan for target partners and customers, and ensure it's in line with the AWS Business Applications overall plan. This includes developing detailed account plans to manage and track the progress of each ISV solution provider and achievement against partner goals.
- Set and manage revenue targets and work with the ISV and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
- Manage and close a pipeline of customer opportunities associated with assigned solution providers.
- Work with the Business Applications segment leader to execute the strategic business plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. solutions architects, services teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Work closely with the partner's customer base to ensure they are successful using AWS services.
- Ensure that AWS is the technology partner's Preferred Cloud Computing platform across all product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of our solution providers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Work with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
The right candiate will ideally possess -
- 10+ years of sales or business development experience in the software/technology industry.
- 3+ years experience working in the Business Applications industry, deep ecosystem knowledge and relevant contacts at key solution providers.
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics, with hands on experience negotiating enterprise contracts with F100 companies.
- Prior experience helping a Business Applications technology company deploy a software product in a SaaS model, or other relevant experience helping an ISV transform an existing software product to a new delivery model.
- Track record of successfully owning, driving and managing partnerships and/or Global Enterprise Accounts against quarterly targets.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
- Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique joint value propositions and product strategy within AWS and in the ISV organization.
- Prior track record of influencing innovation through a partner ecosystem with products or services that have demonstrated success at Enterprise customers
- Bachelor's degree required, technical or business degrees preferred
- MBA preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top