Sr. ORT engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Sr. ORT engineer (on-going reliability), you will be responsible for defining the on-going reliability test plan, monitoring the on-going reliability test activities and fixing the issue discovered by the on-going reliability test. You will be a key member of the global factory operation team and providing risk assessment for our million products.
In this role, you will:
• Create on-going reliability test plans including resource allocations, validation schedule assumptions, and validation items scope.
• Implement specific validation items in on-going reliability test plans with schedule. Flexible adjustment should be made based on issue occurring and debugging.
• Create reliability test plan to qualify factory process change, line move, line resume and copy lines.
• Report on-going reliability execution progress, and drive for issues closure
• Evaluate and develop reliability test methodologies/plan to reduce the cost (test time, sample size etc) and increase the coverage.
• Evaluate on-going reliability risks and do escalations to relative teams
• Managing CM (contract manufacturer) ORT resources.
• Bachelor's degree or above in electrical engineering, material engineering, mechanical engineering or related fields
• 8 year's minimum experience in reliability or hardware test for electronic products.
• Good understanding of the principles and basic structures of measuring instruments such as HALT, chambers, oscilloscopes, and multi-meters etc.
• Strong technical problem solving skills and experience with failure analysis techniques.
• Good bi-lingual (Chinese & English) written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong team work spirit
• Experience with failure analysis techniques to isolate failure for any issues.
• Have reliability knowledge, statistical knowledge and be able to use reliability and statistical method to do data analysis, provide product risk assessment and life forecast.
Back to top