Sr Oracle Applications Technical Consultant
- Richmond, United Kingdom
The Finance Technology team is looking for an application developer to play a key role in designing and extending applications used at Amazon.com. This position will be responsible for developing solutions and support of multiple applications within and peripheral to Oracle Financial Applications R12. Core activities will include design solutions for automating financial processes for Amazon's growth story. The applications and solutions you develop will handle massive data volume and complex business processes as they scale to support millions of financial transactions each day.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable applications. Our team operates Oracle Financials and custom software platforms that are among the largest in the world by volume and complexity, and a successful candidate will be able to dive deep into either realm to guide technical and functional decisions with their team. As a leader, you will drive architectural and design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scalable, service-oriented platform. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves. This person needs to love building software, be self-directed, knows how to get things done, can lead teams, and is not afraid to take on big challenges. Individuals interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-performance, reliable solutions in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture). The ideal candidate will have strong data modeling, data analysis skills along with building complex web services around Oracle Financials. You should have good understanding of the technical architecture of Oracle eBusiness Suite and Oracle SQL/PLSQL.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 9+ years of experience
• Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Sound understanding of Oracle ERP Architecture and SQL/PLSQL.
• Proven object oriented design skills and able to find creative scalable solutions to difficult problems
• Strong knowledge of data modeling, data analysis and designing for performance, scalability and availability
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Strong communication and ability to drive requirements' discussions with our customers.
• Proficiency in Java.
• Understand Oracle database architecture.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Experience influencing best practices within your team.
Back to top