Sr. Ops Program Manager - AGL
This role is responsible for leading a team to develop and scale the Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) operations in US, specifically related to the AGL-managed freight from overseas to North America Fulfillment Network (NAFN).
The individual will be working extremely closely with LSP (Logistics Service Providers), AGL Origin Operations, NAFN, as well as rest of the AGL product and capability teams and Tech teams, to develop and implement product and services, and improve operations and system capabilities for a very aggressive new supply chain channel. Bridge the strategies to the daily executions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership: Lead a team and manage LSPs to drive daily operational performance. Foster strong and positive team spirit and develop team capability to deliver outstanding performance.
- KPI owner: Own operations Key Performance Index (KPI) and metrics. Proactively manage the in-scope OTIF (On-Time-In-Full) and destination cost with scalable operational capability in place.
- Vendor management: Be accountable for AGL's LSPs' performance. Develop processes, SOPs, and tools to allow LSPs to operate in an efficient and compliant manner that delivers results expected by customers, CBP, and NAFN.
- Cost Reduction: Identify and drive cost reduction opportunities for operations via improved LSP efficiency and reduced operational cost and charges. Support Procurement team on optimal destination service cost and services. Drive tech solutions to reduce dependencies on manual and labor.
- Service expansion: Follow AGL product, service, and geographical expansion process to evaluate, develop, or support new service programs that add value to customers. Propose or support relevant new lane and new product launches that add values to customers and/or Amazon. Jointly design and implement optimal operation models for different customer segmentation (e.g., FBA, device, etc.), service level agreement (SLA), service models (fulfill to order vs. fulfill to stock), and Inco Terms; seek synergy in the varieties for efficiency gain.
- Risk Management: Develop annual volume forecast and peak plan. Solve for capacity and capability issues ahead of the needs. Identify at-risk operations and develop/execute contingency protocol to avoid service failures.
- Communication: Communicate operation and program status, risks, and propose resolutions to key stakeholders. Work closely with upstream and downstream teams, as well as other cross functional teams to identify and remove systematical failures to improve consistency and precision of the AGL service commitment to internal and external clients.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in supply chain, import/export management, trade compliance, or similar field
- · 5+ years managerial experiences with proven positive influences and delivery of high quality results.
- · Very familiar with Amazon's NA Fulfillment Network and its operation protocols.
- Expert knowledge in landside operations within US, including but are not limited to: port/terminal handling, drayage, CFS operation, intermodal and trucking line haul carrier management.
- Working knowledge of import/export operation, tariffs, rates, and carrier management. Proven track record to manage vendors and third party logistics providers to drive their performance.
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicting priorities and multi-cultural and matrix environment. Work under pressure and aggressive timelines.
- · Proven analytical thinking, ability to convert strategy to operation, continuous improvement capability, project management skills, sensitivity to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills to peers and senior leadership teams.
- Proficient in data analysis and its tools. Excel savvy. Can write SQL and VBA to manage large set of data.
- Advanced degree (MBA, MS) in supply chain, import/export management, trade compliance, or similar field
- · 2+ years of experiences with Amazon in FC, supply chain, NA inbound scheduling or transportation
- · Multi-language skills is preferred although not a must (Mandarin, Spanish, or some European language)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top