Sr Operations Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Operations group is looking for an individual who wants to work on a business that is growing at a rapid pace. We are a critical part of the hardware development process. We ensure successful fulfillment for product launches and ongoing support, grow the capabilities of our current systems to meet our needs, and drive continuous improvement for the company.
As a Senior Operations Program Manager you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Manage inventory health by ensuring efficient inventory flow globally. Involves determining and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory, and analyzing inventory position
- Improve visibility of inventory systems by designing appropriate reporting and communicate our in-stock plan to partners in finance, supply chain and customer service
- Own & drive the technical roadmap for in stock management metrics
- Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making
- Work with cross functional IT teams to further automate key processes
- Travel as required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 7+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics or inventory management for a hardware device company
- 7+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
- Advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering, or an MBA with a quantitative focus
- Proven ability to influence others, facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, building relationships
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Excel, and Access
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top