Sr. NoSQL Databases Specialist Solutions Architect - DocumentDB
- Illescas, Spain
Are you a database expert with experience in NoSQL (non-relational) databases? Do you enjoy helping customers solve challenging problems? Do you want to be part of a team that helps build the future of databases at Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a NoSQL Database Specialist Solution Architect (SA) with a balance of great communication skills and deep technical expertise to work with AWS customers on designing cloud-based NoSQL solutions using Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility). As as Sr. NoSQL Database Specialist SA, you will innovate and scale architectural best practices focusing on building and operating NOSQL workloads on DocumentDB, develop content and enable the wider community to adopt NoSQL, DocumentDB and other AWS services.
You will build technical relationships with customers of all sizes and be their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their journey by making recommendations to accelerate their challenging, mission-critical projects.
Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the feature roadmap for the DocumentDB service.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define and invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
Specialist Solutions Architects are thought leaders in AWS technology and industry trends. As such, you will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) for NoSQL and also evangelize and educate about AWS NoSQL technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate AWS customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
• Proven design and implementation experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop (HBase, Redis) and on different stages of the lifecycle (Data model design, Query Tuning and Optimization, operational management and troubleshooting).
• Operational - Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Business fluent English is required for customer interactions, internal communication, and collaboration with the worldwide teams.
One or more of the following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Academic background Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, for complex mission-critical solutions
• Experience of data migration techniques and process planning including transaction processing, security, logging and monitoring. Experience of advanced deployment architectures such as availability, resiliency and fault tolerance.
• Deep understanding of AWS services related to databases highly desirable, particularly Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon Aurora, AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2 Container Service.
Back to top