Sr. Music Curator, Regional Mexican
- Mexico City, Mexico
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. Our offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Our Team is looking for a Senior Music Curator with thorough and proved expertise on Regional Mexican Music (and all its sub-genres) responsible for driving customer engagement through the creation and maintenance of playlists and streaming radio stations and related curatorial tasks. The ideal candidate must be able to identify and anticipate the dynamic music genre trends and posses a deep knowledge of the existing Regional Mexican Music vast catalogue.
This leader will work closely with the Content Acquisition, Marketing, and Label Relations teams on customer and partner-facing initiatives. The Senior Music Curator will also work with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that both internal and external experiences are best-in-class.
In this role you will:
• Deliver high quality music programming, including playlists and stations
• Create and manage a rolling editorial calendar
• Conceive and execute a continuous content improvement process
• Drive improvements of tools and techniques required to support a growing curated music offering
• Work with the Content Licensing and Label Relations teams to identify relevant content
• Use data to continuously refine our content offering to ensure a fresh and compelling user experience for each customer
• Collaborate with other curation teams around the world to share your expertise and learn from them
• BS/BA required
• Fluency in both Spanish and English
• 5 to 7 years in work experience in radio programming, A&R, music curation, and running an editorial calendar
• Proven success in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
• Ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities
• Ability to set aside one's own tastes and biases to curate music for a broad audience
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Relentlessly high standards
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically
• Flexible and nimble, able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
• Thorough and proved expertise on Regional Mexican Music (and all its sub-genres)
• Must be able to identify and anticipate the dynamic music genre trends and posses a deep knowledge of the existing Regional Mexican Music vast catalogue and all its relevant players.
• Experience working across cultures and languages
• Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Thinks big and has convictions
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools; knowledge of SQL a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Back to top