Sr. Multi-Modal UX Designer
Interested in Amazon and designing new customer experiences? Come work with us! Come work with us! We're working hard, having fun, and making history!
As a Sr. Multi-Modal UX Designer, you will lead, define, and drive multi-modal interfaces for Amazon. You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You must be extremely proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. You must be a collaborator, and will be working side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life. You must be a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into a lead-edge customer-focused solution. And most important, you must excel at conceptualizing spoken and multi-modal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a designer who can:
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
- Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
- Draw on depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts when necessary
- Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts
- Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
- Learn and practice ever evolving techniques in voice iteration design by collaborating with product managers, engineers, and testers
- Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
- Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
- Communicate clearly and think quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 6+ years of professional experience as an interaction designer/user experience designer; expertise in human-computer interaction
- Recent experience with voice or multi-modal speech interfaces
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Linguistics, Cognitive Science, Graphic Design, Digital Communications Design or related field
- User experience design skill set including data-driven analytics capabilities, and a working understanding of speech and language technologies
- Experience working cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- Professional portfolio of UX design that demonstrates creativity, problem-solving and ability to ship
- Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior management
- Degree in design or related fields
- Ability to prototype user experience with readily available tools
- Ability to write tools to determine patterns in usage data
- Experience with agile/scrum.
- Experience designing mobile web and/or on-device mobile applications
- An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision
- Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer products
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Background in script writing, creative writing, or game design is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top