Sr. Mobile Frontend Engineer
- Seattle, WA
With Alexa devices proliferating across homes, offices, cars and mobile, Alexa is going to play a significant role in helping customers capture their needs in the moment. The Alexa Shopping List team is enabling this vision by becoming the preferred way to capture and manage customers' grocery needs. By combining the ease of talking to Alexa with social shopping through sophisticated AI to automatically build your list and find you the best deals, we will transform how customers shop in stores and online. We will help customers anticipate and keep track of what they need, help them save time and get the best value while shopping. We will ensure they always get everything on their shopping list without forgetting anything.
What you will do: You will have the opportunity to contribute to and develop deep expertise in the areas of distributed systems, machine learning, conversational technologies, front-end app development, data storage and data pipelines. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon's Alexa experiences and the way shopping is done in the area of virtual assistants, chatbots and IoT. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages. You will be working closely with multiple product managers and engineers from partner teams in Amazon Retail, Alexa, Speech Recognition and a Research Sciences team.
What we are looking for a talented and experienced engineer to design and develop the voice and visual experiences, machine learning models and the distributed systems that bring this vision together. We will welcome previous experience in any one of these areas or a full-stack experience that spans multiple front-end and backend technologies.
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience building iOS apps using Objective-C/Swift
• Experience building Android apps using Java/Kotlin
• Familiarity with React Native, Redux, CSS, and Typescript
• Familiar with performance optimizations and trends
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Willing to go the extra mile to do things right and fast
• Able to learn large scale complex systems quickly
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top