Sr. Microwave Receiver Design Engineer
- Redmond, WA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
As a Sr. Microwave Receiver Design Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and design innovative product solutions. You will work closely with colleagues throughout Project Kuiper's inter-disciplinary team, and engage third party suppliers, in order to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and optimization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for developing microwave/RF subsystems for use in space.
In this role you will:
• Decompose system level requirements into receiver specs. Design and develop solution that meets these requirements.
• Design, develop and optimize Ka/K band receiver for space application.
• Simulate and optimize RF circuits, perform schematic capture, and oversee PCB layout.
• Build up test bench for design verification.
• Evaluate and optimize design in the lab to demonstrate design meets with system requirements.
• Work with RF system, power, software, mechanical engineering, baseband, and compliance teams to ensure solution integrates with overall objectives.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, or 7+ years of relevant experience.
• 7+ years of experience in microwave circuit design to component level, such as power amps, LNAs, mixers, and block down-converters.
• 5+ years of Experience with 2.5D and 3D RF and EM simulation software.
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, vector network analyzers, and experience with waveguide components.
• Industry level experience with developing receiver circuit design, mixers, couplers, filters, etc.
• Directly responsible for designing, testing, and verifying mass production products.
• Experience with design for space applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top