Sr. Mgr-Product Mgmt
- Tokyo, Japan
As earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon strives to earn and grow customer trust in every dimension including ensuring that its product selection earns the customer's trust. This requires intelligent systems that automatically analyze and classify and categorize the vast selection of products in the Amazon worldwide catalog. Technical systems to address this problem at the Amazon scale face unprecedented challenges. For instance, how do you teach a machine to develop the smarts to be able to tell between a toy gun and a real weapon in close to real-time? Problems of such extraordinary scale and precision require out of the box thinking and application of the state of the art technologies to automate all aspects and help Amazon forge ahead and maintain a competitive business advantage.
As a Sr. Mgr. - Product Mgmt., in the Classification and Policy Platforms team, you will lead a high caliber team of Product managers who strategize, plan and drive tech solutions to enable critical business operations. Specifically, you will partner with Amazonians in other functions such as Retail business, Legal, Finance, to translate the business requirements into world class user requirements. You will work closely with multiple development teams to deliver solutions. Technologies leveraged to solve these complex real-world business problems include Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Image Recognition, Elastic Computing, Spark, and a host of other state of the art AWS technologies. You will have end to end ownership - all the way from defining the strategy to measuring metrics to monitoring day to day progress of these programs across the entire Amazon eCommerce pipeline. You will provide direct visibility to senior leadership on all aspects of your programs on a regular cadence.
You must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, be analytical and possess excellent problem-solving skills. Your oral and written communication skills will be superlative and you will excel in stakeholder relationship management. A strategic mindset to identify new opportunities for expansion and proactive networking to expand the sphere of influence are essential.
You will be passionate about your work, see the strategic big-picture yet be detail-oriented and be organized. You will have proven leadership skills in a very fast-paced highly demanding environment. Fluency in SQL and Excel for self-service data analysis purposes is a plus. You will be calm and composed in times of crisis and be able to respond to escalations with data and causal analysis.
Key Performance Areas
• You will manage business requirements, design, performance expectations and goals with all stakeholder teams.
• You will partner with management to define strategy and build road maps for the projects you own.
• You will track real time service levels and schedule adherence, and ensure the individual stakeholder teams meet and exceed their performance targets.
• You will be responsible for the overall coordination, quality and productivity and will be the primary point of contact for world-wide stakeholders of programs that you run.
• You will define, own and drive the business rhythms for the overall team.
• Through out, you will internalize Amazon's Leadership Principles, and live those into everyday practices to guide your programs to success.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math or related fields
• The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant program management experience
• Good understanding of software development process with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead.
• Show excellent communication skills in written and oral English with the ability to face external and internal customers in a professional and mature manner.
• Candidates should demonstrate superior project management and troubleshooting skills.
• An approach that starts from the end customer and then work backwards from there.
• Master's degree/MBA
• Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
• Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems
• An understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures.
• Program managed rollout and operations of large scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top