Sr. Mgr, Vendor Management - US Books
Amazon is looking for a driven, experienced business leader to lead the Vendor Management team for US Books, reporting to the US Books Category Leader.
This senior leader will be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven ability to negotiate complex business terms, develop and manage relationships, drive results and demonstrate competency with business and financial analytics. The successful candidate must be an effective leader and communicator (both written and verbal), working with some of Amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal cross-functional teams. The manager must have experience hiring and developing high performing teams.
The role manages the team responsible for P&L management, vendor relationships, negotiations, and day to day business leadership. The candidate will be responsible for meeting revenue, profitability, and process/efficiency improvement targets.
This senior leader will excel in analytics, developing people/organizations, making data-driven decisions, process improvements, and negotiations/vendor management. The candidate will have proven experience delivering results both within and outside his/her organization. The successful candidate will utilize and expand skills in e-commerce business leadership, vendor negotiations, and ultimately in running a large retail business.
- Contribute to long-term strategy and goals for the flagship US Books business
- Build executive-level relationships with top publishers and distributors
- Lead strategy and management of complex vendor negotiations.
- Develop and lead high performing team of Vendor Managers.
- P&L Leadership - Ultimate responsibility for partnering with finance and key leadership stakeholders to manage Books Retail P&L and business projections
Drive metrics and operational efficiencies both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7-10 relevant experience required.
The ideal candidate:
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has conviction
- Is results oriented
- Has the tenacity to develop ideas independently. Thriving in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution - Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be an effective leader and communicator and a seasoned problem-solver.
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- MBA preferred
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top