Sr. MGR, Software Development
- Maumee, OH
Are you interested in Alexa, Android applications, and designing new visual user experiences? If so, we invite you to join our team that brought you the Echo Show and Echo Spot, touch-screen enabled Alexa devices that support video calling, music, weather, movies, and more! We're just getting started, and we'd love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers. You don't need any experience in those specific technologies, just an enthusiasm to build cutting edge software particularly around user-facing applications and visual frameworks. If this sounds appealing to you, please contact us and we'd love to chat!
As a Software Development Manager on our team, you will have a highly visible opportunity to lead a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of critical new features on a mobile product. We'd love to talk to you if you have strong CS and coding fundamentals, interest in working with mobile platforms such as Android, structured Agile project management experience, passion for hiring and managing personnel, and experience creating and fulfilling a project vision for your team.
• 5+ years experience leading production software teams.
• 2+ years experience managing direct reports.
• Proficiency with at least one modern programming language.
• Solid CS fundamentals including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs.
• Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
• Development experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
• Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle.
• Experience working in fast paced Agile environments.
• Excellent technical communication ability with peers and non-technical partners.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top