Sr. Mgr Product Management MxNet Ai
In this role you will start out leading a brand new AWS machine learning team which is going to be trend setting in the ML field. This includes the core storage engine, replication, backup and other node services. This is an area that requires solving the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale. As a tier zero Amazon service our solutions have to be super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant.
In the larger scope of the role, you will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional database services were built and thinking how to build database services best suited for the cloud. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these database services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a manager of software development in AWS, you will part of the larger technical leadership community that forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position within Machine Learning team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Want to work in the business group led by Swami Sivasubramanian and Alex Smola, who are building the first AWS Machine Learning platform? This will be a game changer in our industry. Make history with us.
- 15+ years of experience with at least 3 years in a SDM role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
- Proven track record in identifying and implementing automated testing tools and frameworks.
- Solid track record for delivery of high quality products.
- Experience in web technologies and back-end services. Understanding of Java technologies.
- Experience in preparing quality metrics and effectively engaging with stakeholders to set and drive quality goals
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record in hiring, developing and retaining high performing talent.
- Strong project management skills, preferably with experience in an agile development environment and continuous integration.
- 20 years of experience in the Software Development Industry
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top