Sr Mgr, Prime Now Analytics
Amazon Prime Now is a new, disruptive service that is redefining how Prime customers discover, shop and buy groceries and general merchandise online. Customers can choose to get their items within 1 hour or pick a convenient 2-hour window for delivery of tens of thousands of products available through the Prime Now mobile app.
We are looking for an outstanding leader for our global analytics and business intelligence team to drive data insights across all aspects of performance for our business. This role is at the sweet spot where technology, data and retail come together. Do you believe in the power of data? The Global Business Intelligence team is responsible for the strategic analysis to support and enable the continued business growth and infrastructure scale critical to Amazon Prime Now.
On your first day, you will be responsible for leading a global team of data specialists. We operate in a fast-paced culture, delivering innovative analyses to aid in senior executive decisions. You will leverage your prior experience leading teams, as well as outstanding business acumen to develop the analyst team working with other teams across Amazon. You are a self-starter passionate about data-driven decision making, with strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, excellent statistical and analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions and some experience with data engineering practices. You will leverage your prior experience leading teams, as well as outstanding business acumen to develop the analyst team and partner with global business and technical leadership teams across Amazon. You are a scrappy self-starter passionate about data-driven decision making, with strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our customers interact with our business
- Partnering with Finance, Product and Engineering teams to assess business performance
- Extract insights from large volumes of data and drive solutions to business problems
- Drive improvement by providing clear, compelling analyses and reporting
- Deliver real, actionable insights on opportunities to accelerate the success of our business
- Communicate insights and recommendations to senior management
- Own the vision and roadmap to scale our data platform and infrastructure
- Standardizing the definitions, governance and integrity of our data
- MBA or MS degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- 7+ years management consulting, finance or other analytical roles working with data warehouse solutions and large data sets
- 7+ years experience partnering with c-level or executive leadership to drive a global business
- 5+ years demonstrated experience leading and building an analytics team
- Strong leadership, planning and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles.
- Experience working with common business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience working in Oracle databases
- PhD in a quantitative field
- A successful track record of developing individuals from academia to grow into successful business analysts.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top