Sr. Media Marketing Manager, Amazon Advertising
- Seattle, WA
Open to hiring in multiple locations
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of ecommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon owned and operated sites and on other high quality sites across the web. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising product with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
A strategically important part of our charter is to drive adoption across a portfolio of self-service, cost per click advertising products to enable head to tail advertisers to engage with customers in relevant ways. Our team is tasked with making it easy for sellers and vendors to advertise their products, thereby increasing the visibility of their products, which also helps Amazon customers discover more selectiona win-win!
We are looking for a creative and innovative Senior Marketing Manager to join our team to drive seller and vendor awareness and top of the funnel marketing of self-service advertising products. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution and optimization of digital advertising channels focused on building awareness and interest, such as influencer marketing, display advertising, and more. You are comfortable working with complex challenges, appreciate white space, and understand the value of iterative testing and experimentation.
The ideal candidate for this role has an expert level understanding of digital marketing channels for upper funnel campaigns, understands the digital ecosystem very well, is deeply analytical and operates from a customer-first perspective to understand user journeys, barriers and media consumption patterns. You will lead campaign launches and constantly optimize campaign performance while discovering new areas of growth in different geographies via channel, creative, and audience innovation. To be successful you'll need to be a strong communicator who can earn trust with key stakeholders across multiple teams. You will be excited to test and learn in a data driven environment, using customer data and insight to make campaign and marketing investment recommendations. We are seeking a detail-oriented marketer who likes to work across multiple marketing channels to deliver compelling content to customers. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to work autonomously, handling multiple initiatives simultaneously and prioritizing accordingly to contribute to ambitious growth plans. If you are organized, analytical, and data driven, with an interest to own your marketing strategy end to end, this is a great role for you.
• Develop and oversee campaigns to drive upper funnel marketing that increases awareness and active preference for Amazon Advertising globally through channels such as display and influencer marketing
• Develop measurement methodology to quantify brand awareness
• Grow new channels and maximize regional and local opportunities within global markets
• Understand, manage and grow traffic to ensure plans are aligned toward targeting the right customers at the right time with the right level of intent to advertise
• Work closely with internal/external agencies to manage creative briefs, production, media strategy, and measurement approach to ensure all creative and messaging meets a high bar, and the overall campaign delivers to core KPIs
• Build test and learn plans to identify creative formats, targeting, and scalable ways to drive marketing
• Analyze the performance of campaigns, and share results of campaigns with senior leaders and stakeholders
• 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, technology, or relevant field of study
• 6+ years of paid media expertise in digital channels such as programmatic and social
• Deep understanding of tracking across full-funnel campaigns
• Deeply analytical, understands correlation vs causation, is not afraid to ask tough questions and uses data/consumer insights to drive decision making
• Experience with marketing/advertising technologies (e.g., Data Management Platforms, multi-touch attribution, demand side platforms, programmatic buying etc.)
• Strong command of Google Analytics, social media analytics, Adobe Analytics or similar tools
• Experience working with internal and/or external agencies
• Demonstrated high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with cross functional teams and agencies
• MBA or other related Master's degree
• Track record of delivering customer-focused marketing campaigns in technology marketing
• Deep expertise in customer targeting and media strategy
• Hands-on experience launching new and disruptive programs and marketing
• Demonstrated ability to drive results within a complex, fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams to deliver projects
• A strong, decisive, action-oriented leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills to articulate recommendations to senior leaders and influence stakeholders
• Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and changing priorities of a rapidly evolving business
• Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
Open to hiring in Seattle as well as NYC.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top