Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout – you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and machine learning. Check it out at amazon.com/go.
As a Product Design Engineer you will responsible for the mechanical design, development and quality of products. You will contribute as a senior engineer of a mechanical engineering team. You will take responsibility for leading project teams, technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and mentoring junior engineers. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You will identify and initiate investigations of production technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate production designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems, with expertise in systems integration; the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ yrs experience, product development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tooling and materials process validation (SPC, Cp, CpK)
- Demonstrated design experience integrating component modules (I/O, Displays, Batteries, PCBs, etc.)
- Product validation experience (Shock/Drop, Cycle Testing, and Environmental Testing)
- Strong 3D CAD and database management skills, ProEngineer, Windchill
- Demonstrated experience with heat transfer analysis and testing.
- Masters degree.
- Analytic problem solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience with PCB design, layout and integration.
- Experience designing with cameras and optical systems.
- Demonstrated experience of structural analysis and testing.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top