Sr. Materials Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Senior Materials Program Manager (MPM) is responsible for the management and delivery of the product financial health for groundbreaking, highly integrated consumer products. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote operations, engineering and software teams driving development, implementation and management of the product budget. This person is the business voice responsible for capturing, documenting and communicating financial exposures and outlay as it relates to their product. They are involved throughout all stages of the product family's lifecycle to ensure Lab126 achieve all financial targets through end-of-life. They will support weekly executive product line reviews outlining performance against budget, target and actual cost. In this role, you will:
- Work with engineering and the supply chain team to set program cost targets at a commodity level for your project.
- Track the program actual costs versus target to identify program deltas and corrective actions to bring back on track.
- Attend program new product introduction meetings to understand the cost implication of engineering and/or process changes as related to you product fully loaded cost targets.
- Work with the OEM to set your product purchase order cost for the upcoming period.
- Manage purchase price variance claims resulting from engineering changes, component obsolescence or forecast variance.
- Drive the supply chain and operations team to provide detailed cost reduction forecast that enable you to meet and exceed your product goals.
- Work with the Lab126 Management team to ensure predictable, accurate forecasts for your products.
- Host weekly executive management cost reviews that deep dive through every aspect of your product cost.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- 7+ years experience in the business procurement organization of a consumer market segment company
- Experience in procurement practices working with engineering, supply chain and Tier 1 OEM partners.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies, products and tools preferable.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maximize internal resources.
- Experience leading and defining requirements and driving
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top