Sr. Marketing Manager
Amazon Business is a new marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses.
We are passionate about building a rare shopping experience with access to hundreds of millions of products, business-only selection, free two-day shipping (on eligible orders of $49 or more), business pricing, multi-user business accounts, approval workflow, business payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated business customer support and much more.
We now have more than one million business customers since launching in April of 2015 and access to more than 85,000 business sellers. We serve businesses of all sizes and across industries, including hospitals, educational institutions, labs, daycares, government agencies, restaurants, Fortune 50 companies and sole proprietors.
We are on the hunt for a Sr. Marketing Manager to join the Brand and Content Marketing team. You will be someone with the willingness to lead and support a diverse range of traffic-driving and demand generation initiatives. You will be responsible for developing B2B marketing strategies that define the Amazon Business story by growing brand awareness through PR and outreach efforts, events and campaign support, as well as social engagement. You will also support lead-generation for Field, Product and Account Based Marketing as well as engage and enable sales and drive thought leadership.
The ability to lead multiple achievements and shifting requirements in a fluid, dynamic environment—while keeping senior partners updated on your progress—is critical to success in this position.
- Define and execute marketing programs that generate market segment awareness for key verticals and support active and planned campaigns
- Manage brand awareness by building PR and public outreach plans for Amazon Business through media buys and website traffic analysis
- Develop content and then launch and test to increase website traffic
- Align the creation of marketing assets and sales tools with overall business goals to support lead-generation and sales enablement.
- Establish metrics and reporting related to traffic and channel performance
- Build content strategy to drive vertical focused thought leadership via social channels and the blog
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field required
- 6-8+ years' experience in digital marketing
- Experience in B2B technology services marketing with extraordinary customer focus
- Experience with multiple marketing vehicles: online/offline advertising, email, events
- Excellent data analysis skills, strong Excel skills a requirement
Skills and Competencies:
- You will possess excellent writing and editorial skills with the ability to influence others
- Consistent record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion
- Attested ability to develop, launch, test, and report on multi-channel traffic strategies to attract and engage business customers
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects through work prioritization and planning
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Strong project management skills and fanatical attention to detail
- Ability to craft high-quality sales collateral
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to form relationships and work successfully with business teams across the organization
- MBA/other advanced degree desired
- 8-12 years' experience in digital brand/content Marketing
- Experience with PR and social engagement highly desired
- 5+ years of experience in technology services, e-commerce, procurement, financial services or related field
- Experience with A/B or multivariate testing
- Proficiency with Content Management Systems and ability to edit basic HTML and XML
- Proficiency with a CRM system like Salesforce.com and a Marketing Automation platform (Pardot, Marketo or Eloqua)
- Proficiency with analytics tools and web traffic reporting
- Confirmed ability to invent customer-facing content that is on-brand, relevant, and tailored to an online audience
- Excellent documentation and workflow management
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top