Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, Amazon Music Free and so much more.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, customer-obsessed, analytical, and results-oriented Sr. Marketing Manager for the Amazon Music team in Japan. This role will own full responsibility for strategy and initiatives of driving growth of our new ad-supported free music streaming service. This role will be responsible for driving the free music streaming lifecycle programs (new customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and upsell). A successful candidate for this role will be an independent, creative problem-solver with great business acumen, and the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously while managing competing deadlines. You will have strong product marketing, program management and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to work independently under time constraints to deliver results. Given the service is still in an early phase, it will also be important to come up with and test new ideas, dive deep into the data to double down performance, and create scalable programs and mechanism to grow effectively.
A successful candidate will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically - from the creation of plans, to the execution, and analysis of business impact. You will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and have proven experience planning and executing large marketing campaigns across big cross functional teams, and will feel comfortable in negotiating with key business partners and global Amazon teams to gain alignment on marketing plans and ultimately manage all aspects of the project execution. You will execute programs to deliver these and quantify business results with data-driven analyses.
This individual will partner with various stakeholders such as global music marketing teams, Finance, BI, Product as well as Ad team to drive growth strategies in an effort to drive growth of Amazon Music's Free streaming business. This role will be responsible for the ideation and implementation of a robust global test & learn plan, as well as scaling winning programs & campaigns globally. You should be well versed in customer behavior, business drivers, and conceive new initiatives to improve KPIs. You will need to be entrepreneurial and roll up your sleeves. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas, and establish best practices for Amazon Music.
• Own the strategy, planning, and execution of marketing initiatives to drive free music streaming growth
• Own monitoring of lifecycle performance, reporting on trends to leadership via business reviews and deep diving as needed to develop action plans
• Use analytical insights to create actionable strategies that will help increase effectiveness against marketing goals
• Identify new merchandising, marketing and promotional opportunities based on understanding of business goals and competitive analysis/benchmarking
• Evaluate broader marketing program impact on business performance; identify and drive improvements or areas of opportunity
• Play a lead role in identifying the risks and ROI for campaigns, events and promotions; evaluate trade-offs and recommend plans
• Take ownership of highly visible programs and projects including responsibility for measuring and analyzing the performance and identifying new opportunities based on customer and business data
• Lead cross-functional marketing initiatives and partnerships across Amazon's business and support teams
• Partner with product and tech teams to build a roadmap and execute projects that lead to customer communication and engagement opportunities
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• Manage blocking issues, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and meet committed delivery timelines
Business Skills Needed:
• A tenacious self-starter who can serve as a strong advocate for our customer and our business
• Possess exceptional marketing, merchandising and project management skills
• Capable of handling multiple projects at once amidst rapidly-changing priorities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Ability to be successful both as an individual contributor and a team player
• Ability to perform at both strategic and tactical levels
• Ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities, thrive on solving challenging problems and not afraid to challenge the status quo
• Bachelor's degree
• 7+ years of marketing experience with relevant work experience in digital marketing for consumer products and services
• Experience of CRM in B2C
• Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude
• Knowledge of Excel and demonstrated experience using data and metrics to measure performance and determine improvements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot inefficient, unreliable processes
• Ability to deliver on multiple deadlines and prioritize compulsively as a self-directed individual, comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
• Comfortable with a varied set of software and editing tools and ability to learn new tools quickly
• MBA/advanced degree
• Familiarity with SQL, databases, and web metrics
• Experience in driving strong marketing performance in a digital media (video, music, podcasts, video games, software) subscription service or freemium service
• Experience in BI and data analytics, experimentation
• Experience in global projects and working environment