Sr. Manufacturing & Supply Chain Consultant
- Zurich, Switzerland
Do you have global technology consulting and engineering experience deploying technologies, platforms and solutions in the Manufacturing and Supply Chain Domain? Do you have extensive technology experience and skills to deliver AWS or other cloud platforms, understand technologies enabling Industry 4.0 and Smart Factories, Supply Chain, ERP or infrastructure solutions for a Global Manufacturing customers?
At AWS, we are hiring Senior Manufacturing & Supply Chain Consultants into our Professional Services team to focused on cloud computing technology to help our customers develop, and deploy new transformational platforms and solutions.
The position requires a blend of skills including strong business acumen and communications skills, Cloud Infrastructure Architecture, Enterprise Applications knowledge, engineering of shop floor technologies, and industry strategies and requirements surrounding Industry 4.0, Smart Factories, connected products, supply chain, the manufacturing environment, and technology trends.
AWS Senior Consultants deliver technology guidance, support POC's (Proof-of-Concepts), perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review industry best practices and conduct technology leadership workshops.
AWS Senior Consultants collaborate directly with global Manufacturing customers and partners addressing workflow performance, cloud workloads, security, compliance, scale, availability and manageability.
AWS Senior Consultants provide leadership to customers migrating and transforming existing platforms, solutions and systems using the full range of AWS cloud services. They also manage engagements and assist with non- technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
At AWS, we are looking for experienced Manufacturing & Supply Chain technology consultants with deep technical expertise in their specialty area with an ability to travel both domestic and internationally. They will have strong relevant industry and technical experience combined with exceptional people skills.
AWS Senior Consultants will acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global Manufacturing & Supply Chain OT and IT leaders.
AWS Senior Consultants will also collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams introducing and refining new platforms, solutions and web-based services to enable the future industrial IoT ecosystem, Smart Factories, Supply Chain Optimization, cloud, and data analytics transformation.
The team will collect, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings to accelerate customers adoption of cloud-based AWS services.
• Customer Engagements - Collaborate with AWS sales leaders and internal engineering teams driving design and platform adoption for major Manufacturing customers on the AWS platform.
• Industry Leadership - Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security, and integration of AWS services supporting global customer requirements.
• Support Sales Teams - Support short cycle on-site client projects proving the value of AWS products, services and support moving to new distributed cloud environments.
• Technology Leadership - Collaborate with AWS field sales teams, pre-sales teams, training and support teams to help global Manufacturing partners and customers successfully engage and use AWS services. Services include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Greengrass, Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, Machine Learning Services (Sagemaker), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Develop Partnerships - Develop Manufacturing & Supply Chain industry solution roadmaps for customers, partners and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large Manufacturing industry customers.
• Industry Expertise Transfer - Work with global AWS professional services leadership to grow the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Practice. Work with ProServe leadership to stay-ahead of the leading-edge platform services and be able to deploy quickly. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners.
• Customer Advocacy - Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional ProServe teams conveying deep technical requirements from major Manufacturing customers and partners, driving key inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
• Deliver Value - Lead and manage delivery of transformational ProServe technical engagements with customers and partners in the Smart Factory, Supply Chain, Industry 4.0, and IT environments
• Industry Shows and Organizations Support key industry trade shows, session panels, keynotes, industry groups, technology organizations and technology standards board's directly conveying AWS corporate messaging and driving new industry wide engagements as necessary.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Customer Requirements - Understand customer requirements and scope of the project and create SOW for relevant work
• Customer Facing - Be a part of the customer facing development team and offer value in building/helping build POCs/systems
• Manufacturing & Supply Chain Partners - Work with relevant partners/vendors to help lift-and-shift or re-engineer the existing solutions for AWS as appropriate based on customer's project requirements
• Technical, Architecture & Code Support - Contribute development artifacts to the internal AWS Manufacturing & Supply Chain community as appropriate.
7-10 years of consulting, selling, product management, and solutions development experience to the industrial, manufacturing, or automotive industries with connected products in these areas:
• Executive Experience/Roles - In-Plant (Engineering, Maintenance, IT, Operations, and Quality). Corporate (Engineering, Maintenance, IT, Operations, Quality, On-Premise/Cloud Solution Architecture, Design, Deployment, Documentation, Support, and Training)
• Executive Leadership Developing Corporate Strategy, Roadmaps, Thought Leadership, Innovation, CxO/Plant Manager Selling (highly experienced presentation and communication skills). This includes Engineering/IT Management (including Hiring, and Capital/Expense Budget Preparation/Execution ($1MM+ annually))
• Project/Technology Experience - Greenfield Plant Build, Brownfield Plant Projects, Multiple Process Types (Batch, Discrete, Continuous), Product/Process Quality, Traceability, Efficiency, IT Platform, Infrastructure, Networking, IT/OT Applications, Data, Machine Mechanical/Electrical, Process Automation/Controls (ISA-95, OPC-UA, DCS/RTU, SCADA, MES, ERP, PLC, AC/DC Drives, I/O Sensors), Material Handling (Conveyors, ASRS, AGV, etc.)
• Industry Verticals Experience - Consumer, Automotive, Oil & Gas/Energy, Healthcare, High-Tech, etc. (at least 2)
• BS Electrical/Mechanical Engineering degree and at least 10 years of relevant leadership experience working technology in the manufacturing industry
• Degrees/Certifications - MS Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate
• Conceptual Knowledge - Supply Chain, SAP (Manufacturing/Supply Chain module), Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning/Deep Learning)
• Platforms - Rockwell, Siemens, Microsoft, Linux (generic)
• Business Entrepreneurship (Startup/Operations)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Back to top