Sr. Manager, TPM AWS Security
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to build and lead a team that makes life better for engineers and raises the bar for security at AWS? At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The Secure All the Things (SAT2) team is responsible for defining and driving large initiatives that raise the security bar for AWS. We are looking for a leader who can build and grow a team that will own and drive some of the large change efforts across AWS that will support that mission.
Who we are: Our team drives large scale, long-term programs across all of AWS. We focus on the really big initiatives, that require new-thinking, innovative solutions, and culture changes.
Who you are: You are a creative, collaborative leader who likes to be close to the details - including your programs, your team, your customers and the change you seek to implement. You're a manager who can coach their team on developing programs at scale while reaching out across the company to enlist input from key customers to leverage the experience of the broader organization. You like to get inside your programs, understanding how things work, when to make subtle change, and when to disrupt the status quo to achieve the right results. You paint the big picture, you understand the picture, and you can communicate the big picture. You're inspired and motivated to build a team of people who can and will exercise their creativity in problem solving at AWS scale.
What you will do: You will have the opportunity to build a new team focused on driving large cultural change across AWS. This team is not fully staffed, so you'll have the chance to shape the skills and culture of the team. We have clear goals, but there is a lot of ambiguity in what we need to build out to support those goals; you'll have the opportunity to shape the team, the roadmap, the processes, and interact with your customers to learn how to solve their challenges.
Why it matters: AWS Security has a lot of experience working across AWS to identify threats and solutions to security challenges at scale. We want to continue to strengthen the security flywheel through programs and mechanisms that help our engineers build securely as simply as possible.
Why you'll love it: We are working on really hard problems and moving very fast. Starting with a few good TPMs, you'll continue building a team of bright, creative people. You will have support from your leadership, and you'll own your space. You will be the one identifying solutions, trying ideas, given space to fail and iterate to produce the right results that your customers love. You will have opportunities to grow and learn as a leader in AWS, to build and develop a team, and you'll be able to collaborate and with your customers to define and achieve success.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance: Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth: Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development
• 7+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• 7+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• 3+ years of experience with engagement and working with security stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, mathematics, or other related fields
• Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
• Have experience leading a technical teams
• Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
• Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
• Have experience driving security programs across large diverse organizations
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Have experience in the development of security products
• Are comfortable designing and owning a product roadmap
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
For more info please send your resume to - email@example.com
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top