At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment where they can relentlessly innovate for our customers. As a member of our IT Services organization, you will have an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to that goal.
How would you like to lead a team to work on a complex, ambiguous set of IT challenges that impact our corporate Amazon employees, as we transform from a predominantly office-based customer-base to a hybrid 'office anywhere' approach. Our aim is to provide a world-class IT experience using the right tools for the job.
We are looking for a leader with super-powers in program strategy and roadmap development and prioritization and getting things done (a not-that-frequent combination!). S/he should be a self-starter that thrives in ambiguity, with the ability to influence multi-functionally, and the willingness to roll up sleeves to operate in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate is someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex problems and engaging with cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders up to senior levels, directly and through influence.
The right candidate will possess a strong customer experience, analytical mastermind and have a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and change from the ground up.
The candidate must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytic thinker and have a history of delivering results. This person will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions. He/she must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytic talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
At Amazon, it is always Day 1. We are looking for team members who are passionate about learning and applying new technology every day.
- Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of a degree, additional years of hands-on experience may be substituted.
- Experience managing a technical team.
- 10+ years of experience in program or project management on a global, matrix organization.
- Experience working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Global experience with program launches in multiple geographies simultaneously.
- Experience in building strategic processes at a global level.
- Experience in end-user client computing.
- Project/Program management certification.
- Experience communicating with senior management (Director/VP-level decision-makers).
- Experience working in IT Support, or IT Services department.