Come help Amazon create and deploy innovative new technologies to help deliver an amazing community shopping experience for Amazon customers! As a Sr. Manager of Program Management Technical, you will be instrumental in helping us create innovative ways to build systems that work well at scale to solve a critical problem for our customers (Distributed Web System), are well structured ( follow Service Oriented Architecture and Micro services) and have engaging customer experiences (Mobile App and Web UI). You also work on science areas that strive to bring a semantic understanding of our corpus. The models we build power search and insights on product detail pages.
Our team is seeking Sr. Manager PMT to manage large, cross-functional programs and projects. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a team of product managers, delivering critical customer facing products that span multiple technology and operational teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong product management background, will have demonstrated experience-leading medium to large initiatives across multiple teams, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr Manager PMT, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex products and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• 10+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development
• 7+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• 7+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• 3+ years of experience with engagement and working with security stakeholders
• 5+ years of experience hiring and developing a team
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, mathematics, or other related fields
• Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
• Have experience leading a technical teams
• Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
• Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
• Have experience driving security programs across large diverse organizations
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Have experience in the development of security products
• Are comfortable designing and owning a product roadmap
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role