Sr. Manager, Tax - International
Amazon is seeking an International Tax Counsel/Senior Manager based at its Seattle headquarters to focus on U.S. international tax planning and documentation for both new initiatives as well as on-going business launches/initiatives. This position will lead or be part of a team that works closely with business partners and members of the tax department to structure and understand transactions, restructurings, and business initiatives to ensure we have documented tax technical advice on the US and local country tax impacts of such activities that can support our reporting, compliance, and on-going tax controversy analysis.
In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical details. The candidate must demonstrate a proven ability to identify and manage tax and execution risks. Candidate should have in-depth tax technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals.
Candidate must ensure that the team works closely with members across a global tax department and external stakeholder teams (e.g., Accounting, Legal, Systems) to communicate current and future business plans, obtain cross-functional tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination and execution of cross-functional tax solutions in a sustainable manner. Candidate must be able to communicate, written and verbal, complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
This position is not directly involved in day to day compliance but is responsible for delivering the planning, real time coordination, and communication of various tax-related projects as well as collaborating with business partner contacts. This includes ensuring the appropriate level of documentation is created and maintained to support analyses performed, decisions made and conclusions reached for purposes of reporting and compliance. Candidate may be responsible for planning, coordinating, supervising and reviewing the work of more junior tax staff.
- BS/BA required. Advanced degree preferred. Qualified candidates should have relevant tax experience in a corporate environment, public accounting firm or major law firm.
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive international tax experience in a large corporate environment and/or US public accounting or large law firm.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex, milestone driven projects – including the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams
- · Demonstrated ability to manage others, both directly and indirectly, and to operate effectively in a matrixed environment.
- · Expertise in U.S. federal and international tax provisions with an understanding of or practical experience with tax laws in other countries
- · Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines.
- · Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment
- · Able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management
- · Able to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data and make appropriate recommendations.
- · Effective interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top