Sr Manager, SW Dev, Alexa Smart Home
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the family of groundbreaking Amazon devices designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart, connected home. We are looking for a senior multidisciplinary leader to help build a technical platform to allow the rapid expansion of the capabilities of the smart home. This means enabling new devices, new capabilities, and continuing to make Alexa ever smarter.
In this role, you will combine your acumen as a consumer-focused, inventive, engineering leader with insights into Alexa to build new technical capabilities into our software platform. Your experience building cloud services combined with Alexa's scale will stretch you to become a master at Amazon-scale (billions of devices) services. You will lead a team that includes product management, technical program management, and software engineering. This is a highly visible position in which you will frequently lead roadmap, customer experience, and engineering excellence discussions with the most senior leaders in the Amazon Devices division.
You start with the customer and work backwards. Your technical knowledge and expertise is broad and deep. You raise the bar for hiring, developing, motivating, and retaining talent. You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment where new value is delivered to customers weekly.
- 10+ years of experience building and managing development teams that design and deliver application software
- 5+ years of experience managing and effectively operating a complex system that is highly reliable and scalable
- 5+ years' experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3+ years experience managing managers and multiple engineering teams.
- Master's degree or higher
- Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or similar certification
- Experience building IoT cloud services
- Experience building home networking and/or home automation / smart home / connected home products
- Experience with large scale process control and automation systems (e.g. MQTT)
- Demonstrated experience delivering products, managing budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top