Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Software Engineering obsessed to deliver flawless entertainment through a wide range of devices anywhere in the world. You understand how to map complex customer journeys, establish metrics to measure success and failures across these journeys and establish resiliency best practices across device & services ecosystem.
The ideal candidate is equally obsessed with delivering the best possible customer experiences and leading and building strong teams. They define software architecture, communicating effectively with engineers, partners, leaders and a broad set of stakeholders. This leader can think long-term, advocate for strong engineering excellence, and bring in their own software development best practices as well as follow best practices from the broader development community in Amazon. The ideal candidate has a passion for TV and video entertainment combined with an established track record delivering break-out consumer software experiences.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• 10+ years of experience in software development management with a proven track record of delivering large and complex programs
• 8+ years of software development experience, preferably in building large-scale end-to-end distributed systems
• 4+ years of experience in applications infrastructure management and operations
• Experience with high availability systems
• Experience developing technical direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement)
• Experience being a manager of managers, growing managers to scale with the needs of the organization and working through others to accomplish the day-to-day work of the organization.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
• Passion for people management and mentorship.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.