Sr. Manager Software Engineering - AWS Code Suite
- Austin, TX
Do you want to fundamentally improve the everyday productivity of software developers using AWS? The AWS Code Suite team is looking for a leader for the Code Commit services. Your teams own services around git, code browsing, pull requests and search in code. As a leader will be the single threaded owner for developing, operating, and transforming the customer experience for developers on AWS.
We are looking for a leader that is experienced in team building, managing through others, delivering multi-region fault tolerant systems, along with the front end experience, is passionate about the developer tools space, is excited to have software developers as their customers, and is obsessed about creating compelling customer experiences.
As the Senior Software Development Manager you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of this service from beginning to end. You will:
• Directly hiring, retaining, and growing managers and engineering talent within your group.
• Being a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the AWS business.
• Quickly and reliably delivering high quality technical solutions that will delight our customers.
• Working on business strategy to define a product roadmap that's compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across the AWS business.
• Meeting with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story on AWS.
• Clearly communicating at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on a vision for the product.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible function within the AWS business. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of the service, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product. If you're excited to have a large impact on AWS and the cloud computing industry, you'll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow.
This role can be based out of the Seattle location or Bay area.
If this sounds interesting to you, come join us!
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years people management experience at least 2 of them managing through other managers.
• Hires great people. Develops great people.
• Experience with frontend and backend service development
Don't seem to have all of these below (or maybe miss one of the basic qualifications), but feel like the role is a natural fit? Go ahead and apply!
• A passion for or a background in Dev Tools development
• Demonstrated serial success in team building, agile processes, and cloud service development
• Strong business and technical vision
• Has a track record of successfully leading roadmap prioritization and product management; able to successfully communicate complex topics to customers and business owners alike
• Has taken software features from inception to customer delivery
• Deep technical expertise enabling influencing and vetting of technical decisions and architecture choices
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software
• Strong business and technical vision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top