Sr Manager, Software Development - Redshift
- Palo Alto, CA
Amazon Redshift is a fast, scalable data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective for our customers to analyze data across their data warehouse and data lakes. Redshift delivers ten times faster performance than other data warehouses by using machine learning, massively parallel query execution, and columnar storage on high-performance disk.
As the Sr Manager of Software Development for Redshift, you will be responsible for leading a group of top talent in the design and development of a product that allows for the setup and deployment of new data warehouses in minutes, and running queries across petabytes of data stored in data warehouses. Amazon Redshift is simple to use, enabling customers to deploy a new data warehouse in minutes. Redshift automates most of the common administrative tasks to manage, monitor, and scale your data warehouse. This allows customers to break free from the complexities of managing on-premises data warehouses.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
• Work on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
• Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
• Growing and leading a data warehouse software development team responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional DW services are built and thinking how to build database services best suited for the cloud.
• You will develop the design, implementation, testing and deployment of these services.
• You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to mentor senior engineers and managers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization.
• This is one of our most strategic technical projects with a long-term vision and an opportunity to deliver both significant business and industry-wide technical impact.
• As an engineering leader within Database Services, you will work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy, help hire talented engineers and managers, and conceive innovative new solutions for our customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
• 5+ years' experience managing people with 3+ years of managing multiple managers/teams
• A leadership position in a team delivering solutions at scale
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top