Sr. Manager, Software Development - Redshift
- Arlington, VA
Want to make database history? Come and join the team that is building the most popular cloud data warehousing service in the world with tens of thousands of customers - Amazon Redshift. We are building the next generation data warehouse systems, creating an impact on its hundreds of thousands of users, and looking for top engineers to help shape the future.
Amazon Redshift is the leading, fully-managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse in the cloud. Using Amazon Redshift makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze all your data seamlessly.
As a Senior Software Development Manager of Tooling, Infrastructure and QA with Amazon Redshift, you will have the opportunity to lead the team that delivers tools and infrastructure to support developer productivity, quality assurance and performance across the AWS Redshift organization. You will take ownership on our overall strategy to drive engineering productivity, ensure quality and security, streamline builds and deployments, and spearhead the organization's best practices. You will also build out automation of critical operational functions that ensure thousands of servers across all AWS regions worldwide operate smoothly at massive scale and at lowest cost.
In this role you will lead the teams to innovate and solve problems of high ambiguity and high impact. You will meticulously review and drive design choices, trade-offs, priorities and timelines. You will demonstrate exceptional management skills and technical expertise, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You are data and metric driven, and obsessively concerned about performance under resource constrained environments. You will mentor and inspire other managers and engineers, participate in defining our engineering culture, and help to build a fast-growing and highly self-motivated team. You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to mentor senior engineers and managers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization. And as an engineering leader in Redshift, you will work with senior AWS executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy, help hire talented engineers and managers, and conceive innovative new solutions for our customers.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
• Work on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
• Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
• Help enable the digital transformation of our 1,000's of customer's businesses, which is at the forefront of leading CEO's minds
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor with Redshift and work in an exciting startup environment. Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years' experience in software engineering, which should include tooling and automation experience.
• 5+ years' experience managing people with 3+ years of managing multiple managers/teams
• A leadership position in a team delivering solutions at scale
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
Back to top