Do you want to take an active role in shaping the future of movies, television, and digital video? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Video Central (VC) launched a platform that enables video partners to effortlessly distribute their content to reach millions of Amazon customers on the Prime Video service. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape new ways for content providers to reach their audiences. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Development Manager to grow and develop a passionate team in building the next generation global portal for partners to distribute, enhance, publish, monetize, market and merchandise their content on Prime Video. Our providers range from small indie film-makers to major partners who need fully integrated, automated systems to publish at scale. This team is responsible for defining, designing, and building the partner-facing systems that enable all video providers to publish and manage their content worldwide.
As part of the Prime Video leadership team, you will work on developing the systems and strategies used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with senior leadership. You will work with our engineering, business, and operations teams world-wide to define organization roadmaps, drive execution of technology projects, drive operational excellence initiatives and manage technology operations. You'll need to build, manage, and mentor a high-performing engineering team towards achieving a focused mission. You'll work in a high volume environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building highly scalable systems and system design, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
What you'll do:
- Manage and grow a technical team including their projects, performance, and career growth
- Clearly communicate project roadmaps with your team, management, and principal stakeholders
- Work with peer managers to determine scope and estimate development effort
- Lead systems design, architecture, and scaling discussions
- Influence and adopt industry standards
- Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction, and diplomacy
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience, managing engineers and managers
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• At least seven years of software development
• At least two years of experience managing technical staff
• Proven track record in building effective teams and experience hiring and retaining software engineers and managers
• Strong project management skills, preferably with experience in an agile development environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Solid track record for delivery of high quality products
• Advanced degree in computer science or a related field
• Deep, hands-on technical expertise in large-scale, service-oriented architectures
• Strong business and technical vision
• Experience in digital media
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us