Sr. Manager, Software Development - Delivery Experience
- New York, NY
We are seeking a driven technology leader to own the Prime Delivery Experience worldwide. Prime Delivery is the highest profile and most important benefit for Prime customers shopping on Amazon retail website. It is an incredibly innovative space since customers deeply care about the experience (e.g. speed, convenience, price) of how we deliver packages to them. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to literally change the world by delighting millions of customers.
This senior technology leader will be responsible for building the next generation shopping experience and systems in order to provide a world-class Prime Delivery experience. You will be owning set of technologies (full-stack) leveraging AWS and common industry standards. You will be leading a talented cross-functional tech organization including software engineers, technical program managers and QA. You will develop highly scalable, low latency, intelligent software that will have a massive impact for customers.
You should come to work with us because:
• You will be impacting millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
• You will define technical strategy and roadmap for the team.
• You will be a leader of leaders overseeing other engineering managers, senior engineers, technical program managers and QA.
• You will work closely with engineers and product managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• You will participate in hiring, mentoring, and developing a best-in-class software engineering team.
• You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
• We care about both delighting customers and high quality software. We don't sacrifice one for the other.
• We offer a fast-paced environment with a startup atmosphere. We move fast and take calculated risks.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years professional experience in building successful production software systems
• 5+ years of experience managing multiple software development teams (managing managers)
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Great written and oral communication skills
• Able to operate and scale across three or more teams
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals in OOD, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform as well as deep expertise in mobile application platforms.
• Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top