Sr. Manager, Software Development
Amazon Web Services (AWS) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry leading cloud computing infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to build a new organization around an exciting new initiative within the Amazon EC2 Container Services team. We expect to tackle some very complex technical problems that span distributed computing, Docker, Linux, and cluster management. As the engineering leader, you will own building and managing the engineering organization, product development and delivery, and establishing and fostering the team culture. You will work with AWS leadership, customers, product managers, and other Amazon service teams to identify the most important deliverables You should excel at dealing with ambiguity and will need to think big!
You should be passionate about the potential of cloud computing, and about building a high performing engineering organization. You should care deeply about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. Ideally you have a track record of delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. You should know how to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is critical. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
- 10+ years of technology industry experience
- 5+ years managing software teams
- 3+ years managing managers
- Knowledge of internet fundamentals
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Proven track record of high-scale hiring and talent management on teams of multiple disciplines
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
- Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top