Sr. Manager, Software Development
- Arlington, VA
We are seeking an experienced software development manager who will lead the development and launch of a new set of financial systems to support Amazon Healthcare. This leader will hire and build a new team whose mission it will be to enable innovation, automation, and long-term scale for Finance Operations in the Healthcare domain. If you're interested in building the next generation of healthcare finance systems that supports customers at Amazon scale, this job is for you.
A strong candidate will have experience with hiring, building, and leading teams of software engineers, technical program managers, product managers, and have extensive experience in building systems or applications at a distributed, enterprise level. They will be a clear thinker, thrive in hiring and developing team members, and have experience of delivering organizational impacting goals. A strong candidate will be one who is able to operate their team independently, and will create a high-performance and team-oriented culture. They will have great judgement about when to coach, develop, intervene, or let their team learn on their own. They will be passionate about delivering extensible solutions, be disciplined in linking the bottom-line impact of their work, and be relentless and innovative in solving problems for customers.
At Finance Automation, we are passionate about building systems and services that deliver a seamless and transparent finance experience for Amazon partners. We are responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the services and financial transactions that supports Amazon customers and vendors worldwide. We build, operate, and scale systems that are responsible for hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, and are central to the success of Amazon and its partners.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar major
• 5+ years of experience in a software or applications engineering role
• 10+ years experience of direct people leadership
• Experience developing internet products and technologies
• Familiarity with agile and kanban methodologies
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top