Sr Manager, Software Development
- New York, NY
Excited about brand building and brand shopping? Our vision is to bring the best and emerging brands to customers, and lead them through an inspiring, discovery-based, brand shopping journey. We empower brands to tell their story and develop a direct relationship with customers. We give them control over their brand voice.
Here's an article with relevant excerpts about what we are working on, from Amazon's Q4 earnings call. Read here: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/31/amazons-ad-business-is-booming-and-theres-still-room-to-grow.html
The value that Stores provides to customers is the ability to browse and discover new and best-selling products curated by their favorite brands, while aiding with discovery of new brands.The Amazon Stores program is becoming increasingly important and is at a strategic intersection between advertising and retail. We provide a compelling destination for brand advertising campaigns, and also enable stores to be organically discovered through the Amazon shopping journey. We operate sophisticated front-end, API and big data technologies across all of Amazon, and we partner with teams across Amazon retail, advertisement, marketplace and core shopping. Millions of shoppers enjoy and interact with our products. Our small team is a startup-minded, energetic and passionate group of engineers and PMs who care deeply about building amazing products that shoppers as well as brands love. We are lean, curious about new technologies, collaborative, agile, and very customer centric.
As a Sr Software Development Manager, you will further refine and develop the product & technical strategy & vision, and build a strong team of managers and engineers to drive and execute against it. You will drive mechanisms that allow your team to move quickly and deliver strong results. You will collaborate with partner teams within Amazon on high impact initiatives, and will operate with a high degree of autonomy and efficiency. You need to be a self-starter, and a strong leader who can inspire teams to build new product solutions that will delight our customers. You will lead the overall development life cycle of the solutions and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact. You will raise the bar and ensure that your team's tech designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules. You'll be responsible for project management - prioritize, plan projects and features, manage partners, and track external commitments. You will regularly monitor operation of production services to ensure Operational Excellence.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience, managing engineers and managers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Experience in building teams and recruiting software engineers and managers
• Great coaching and mentoring skills, enabling your team to be the best they can be
• Programming background with one or more modern languages
• Strong analytical skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and decisions
• Knowledge of best practices for software design, planning, implementation and operational excellence
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in designing and maintaining scalable, performant and reliable systems
• Experience in establishing and managing agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
• Excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience with Machine Learning
• Experience managing service-oriented software systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top