Sr. Manager, Software Development
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented leader to own software systems, products, and tools. Our solutions enable users to obsess over customers and make proactive, data-driven recommendations and plans that position AWS as a strategic business partner in addition to a world-class cloud computing provider.
We solve significant customer problems within Sales through full stack products with focus on user experience, mobile applications and machine learning. We leverage cutting edge technology in client-app frameworks, big data, optimization techniques and high availability services. You will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of engineers responsible for building high performing, fluid applications that interact with large scale distributed systems. In this position you will partner with product managers, program managers, and other internal partners. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent delivery and execution skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
• Manage multiple development teams focused on creating the complex platforms for personalized experiences
• Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar customer trust, performance, and availability.
• Leverage strong communication skills and a passion for using data and software to drive business decisions at scale
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
• Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• Programming experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 5+ years of people leadership
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience leading large, diverse engineering teams through other leaders.
• Advanced/Master's degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
• Experience leading large-scale engineering projects, including using AWS technologies.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Age/ Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top