Sr. Manager, Software Development - AWS Glue
- Arlington, VA
Senior Manager of Software Development - AWS Glue
The Database Services group provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms, data warehouses, analytics, and operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services, which while large profitable businesses, are also in their infancy. They represent a large fraction of the AWS business, and continue to accelerate.
AWS Glue is a fully managed, next-generation data integration service. AWS Glue makes it simple and cost-effective to organize and categorize your data, as well as clean, enrich, and prepare it for fast analytics. We are looking for an experienced leader to take our early lead in the Big Data market and extend it by defining and delivering industry-leading, next-generation services architected for the cloud.
Joining AWS Glue gives you the opportunity to:
• Work on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize Big Data computing in the cloud
• Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Be involved in the fast growing, Big Data space
• Lead and grow a software development group responsible for rethinking traditional data warehousing, analytics, and database architectures
• Manage the design, implementation, test, and deployment
• Conceive innovative new solutions for our customers, at the intersection of multiple fields: Big Data, analytics, warehousing, and machine learning.
• Mentor senior engineers and managers, provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization
• Work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, and influence our technical and business strategy
• Help hire talented engineers and managers
This position within the Big Data team represents a unusual opportunity to shape the technology and future of a rapidly evolving industry and business. As with all Amazon positions, you will also be deeply customer obsessed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering AND 10+ years of relevant experience OR 15+ years of relevant work experience, 7 of which must be in developing software
• 6+ years in engineering people management positions
• 2+ years of experience in managing multiple teams
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
• Ideally 3+ years of experience in managing multiple teams and 10+ years in engineering management
• A leadership position in a team delivering big data technologies, databases, storage, or distributed systems
• Work experience delivering one or more version one products, ideally in a startup setting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top