Sr. Manager, Software Development, Amazon Video Catalog
Amazon Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs in over 200 countries and territories.
As part of the Amazon Video leadership team, you will work on developing the systems and strategies used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with senior leadership. You will work with our engineering, business, and operations teams world-wide to define organization roadmaps, drive execution of technology projects, drive operational excellence initiatives and manage technology operations. You'll need to build, manage, and mentor a high-performing engineering team towards achieving a focused mission. You'll work in a high volume environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building highly scalable systems and system design, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- At least ten years of software development
- At least five years of experience managing technical staff
- Proven track record in building effective teams and experience hiring and retaining software engineers and managers
- Strong project management skills, preferably with experience in an agile development environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid track record for delivery of high quality products
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related field
- Deep, hands-on technical expertise in large-scale, service-oriented architectures
- Strong business and technical vision
- Experience in digital media
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top