Sr. Manager, Software Development - Amazon Connections
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians an effective way to share feedback and help shape the future of the company. By leveraging machine learning and employee data, our systems create a continuous feedback mechanism to raise the bar on leadership and introduce positive changes in the workplace. Our goal is to help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
As a Sr. Manager, Software Development, you will have technical ownership of the development of new critical parts of this system. You will create technology that changes the face of organization management. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to create innovative ways to streamline delivery. Responsibilities include managing an organization of six to twelve individuals, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving the toughest software challenges for passionate users; you'll be excited by working at large scale, and you'll have a proven record of delivering highly operable and maintainable software projects on time. You'll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with and you'll be constantly looking for ways to make the systems you own better. You'll be intensely customer focused: you understand multiple customers' challenges and are constantly looking for ways to solve them. You have great communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Has very strong business judgment and track record of making the right decisions
- Hires and develops great people
- Is innovative and can simplify. Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has relentlessly high standards and strong results orientation
- Thinks big
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- 10+ years of experience managing a team of at least 50 data and/or software engineers
- Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production systems
- Deep understanding of engineering best practices, in both packaged, BI, and custom software realms
- Deep understanding of enterprise systems and data integration
- Deep understanding of agile project management methodologies
- Experience managing other technical managers
- Experience with global technology implementation efforts and rollouts
- Experience with software quality assurance
- Experience managing operations teams
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top