Sr. Manager, Software Development
Amazon Mobile Shopping is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our scale is billions of dollars and hundreds of millions of customers. Our team is responsible for creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite devices. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software. We are constantly improving our technical foundation and launching programs to raise the CX bar across Amazon. As a Sr. Manager on the Mobile Shopping team, you'll have huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, interact with Amazon.
We are looking for a seasoned Sr. Manager of Software Development to the lead the Amazon App's native platform effort, as well as, app release process. We would like a person with more than a decade of experience managing software development teams, preferably in the mobile space. We value someone who can inspire the development teams, have a keen ability to operate smoothly, and deliver on continuously improving our software and processes. Communication with engineering and partner teams is key to success.
The Mobile Shopping team is building the next generation mobile platform to power experiences in Amazon Shopping apps. The ideal candidate will get to lead, design and architect the platform with rock star engineers on the team. The opportunity to make an impact in this role is only limited by the personal capacity of the candidate! If this sounds like a project you've been working towards and would like to deliver, please contact us today, and let's talk about how you can be a part of it.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Communicates well in a diverse, friendly, fact driven environment.
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Great written and oral communication skills
- 10+ years professional experience in building successful production software systems
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple software development teams (managing managers)
- Extensive hands-on mobile development experience (Android, iOS)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in OOD, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 5+ years building complex mobile applications on Android and iOS platforms that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Experience with Cordova, React or other hybrid mobile app frameworks
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Managed teams in multiple locations
- Most of all: enthusiasm, creativity, and inventiveness! You will be asked to find new ways to solve challenging problems every day.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top