Sr. Manager, Software Development
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to help design, deliver, and optimize the platform that impacts how millions of customers shop every day? Amazon's Buying Experience organization is looking for an innovative and passionate Sr. Software Development Manager to build high-quality experiences for our customers on Amazon's shopping ecosystem.
We own the product Detail Page that is at the core of global e-commerce. Millions of customers view billions of our product pages every year. Our vision is to understand the needs of each customer and provide a tailored buying experience. As an engineer on the team, you will build software platforms and features that impact how millions of customers shop online, on a variety of devices. You will delight customers with new shopping experiences, and you will empower hundreds of other internal Amazon teams who build on our platform to deliver the benefits of their unique programs to customers.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior software development abilities across a global product base. You should have excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills as well as an ability to get things delivered. You are also a champion of engineering excellence: you raise the bar on architecture, predictable quality, maintainability, performance, security and all the other things that make great software great.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent)
• 8+ years of professional experience in Software Development
• Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures
• Experience in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language such as C++, Java
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Experience with cloud computing, mobile computing, and other emerging technologies
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, generate technical designs, and influence product strategy
Back to top