Sr Manager, Software Dev
- Cupertino, CA
Would you like to lead the team that drives the big data architecture and systems that monitor, analyze, and report on some of the largest telemetry and cloud hardware systems in the world?
AWS Hardware is looking for a Sr Manager, Software Dev (SDM) to lead a cross-functional team responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the data systems and infrastructure within AWS Hardware Data Science and Analytics. You will be responsible for running the data systems supporting operations, quality, health, machine learning, and analytics associated with AWS cloud hardware across the globe.
AWS Hardware is responsible for designing, qualifying, and maintaining server solutions for AWS and its customers as well as developing new cloud focused hardware solutions. AWS Hardware provides the underlying server management infrastructure used by every server in Amazon, from EC2 to S3 to DynamoDB and beyond. Consequently, AWS Hardware owns some of the most sophisticated software anywhere, including firmware and back-end service infrastructure. Optimizing the dynamics of ever-changing environmental conditions, monitored with millions upon millions of sensors, is a massive challenge, and we love it!
One of the many challenges presented in this role is to be able to design, build, and maintain the systems which capture, persist, vend, and stream big data for analytics and machine learning business uses and applications for our customers.
We are looking for a CUSTOMER-OBSESSED, TEAM-DRIVEN, RESULT-ORIENTED, Senior SDM to take our big data, analytics, and machine learning services to the next level of scale, availability, and performance. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the business. Become part of this unique opportunity to make history defining the evolution of cloud computing.
What do you do?
As a Senior SDM at Amazon, you establish and manage scalable engineering team structures that create, correct, and evolve software that runs a segment of the business or customer experience. You are responsible for establishing the right engineering team structure and overall technology strategy to meet a long-term business need. Last, you hire and develop the best in order to meet you goals and objectives while delighting our customers.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of software development and data engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience leading teams of SDEs and/or cross-functional development teams
• 3+ years developing and running real or near real time, big data, and automated alarming systems
• Masters or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
• Hands-on experience developing AWS services
• Hands-on experience or leading teams developing real-time analytics and machine learning systems
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
• Demonstrated success in designing large-scale big data systems that perform complex event processing, machine learning, analytics, feedback control, IoT, monitoring/telemetry, and/or data mining
• Repeated success leading architecturally significant projects from inception through launch, including communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and produce technical designs
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Excellent programming skills and computer science fundamentals (OO design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top